Cotswolds Office, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire
Full Time Position
Woldon Architects is seeking a talented Architect to join its Cotswolds Office. The role involves working on a variety of workspace, mixed-use and one-off residential projects from inception to completion. Experience should include new build and refurbishment projects in the UK through all RIBA stages.
We are an enthusiastic team, who enjoy taking a proactive and positive approach to our work. We are a friendly and social Practice and maintain a strong work-life balance.
Architect - Experience and Role
You will have UK experience post qualification, including new build and refurbishment projects with a strong design sensibility and an eye for detail. You will have experience at all RIBA work stages preparing, planning, tender and construction information. You should be confident liaising with clients and design team members to take projects from concept to completion.
An enthusiasm for the contemporary design and the adaptation / re-use of historic buildings and landscapes is essential. Experience of working with listed buildings or heritage assets, would be beneficial. An appreciation of conservation and sustainability principles is also welcomed.
The role will involve providing a lead on projects through all RIBA work stages. You will report to the Cotswolds Director but also be able to work independently and within a dynamic team.
You should have excellent skills of communication and ability to manage projects. You should be confident working directly with clients, consultants, statutory authorities and contractors. Proficiency in CAD drawing (Microstation) and 3D visualisation is required. You will be expected to work to budgets and deliver to deadlines.
Architect - Essential Skills
- Excellent communication and confidence in dealing with clients
- A strong understanding of construction methods and detailing
- Knowledge of Conservation and / or Sustainability
- Knowledge of NBS and writing specifications
- Good understanding of Building Regulations and relevant legislation
- An intuition for good design
- Ability to work as a team and collaborate with colleagues and other consultants
- Good understanding of Planning system and strategic policies
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Driving licence & mode of transport due to remote office location
Please send your CV with examples of your work via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications (max. 10MB) must state the role you are applying for, within the subject header and cover letter.
No agencies please.
The practice offers competitive salaries, subject to experience
The Apple Store
Campden House Estate
Chipping Campden GL55 6UP
Closing Date 31st January 2024